Today, under the leadership of the Board of Trustees, the Foundation strives to achieve two strategic goals:
- Ensure a diverse and well trained physician workforce
- Improve health in Wisconsin by supporting physician championed, evidence-based programs and innovative pilots that:
- Address health disparities
- Promote early interventions
- Increase mental health access
- Promote disease prevention strategies
Funded by the generous donations of physicians, county medical societies, health systems, businesses and others, the Foundation offers numerous programs and events in support of these strategic goals, including the following:
- Scholarships for medical students and those pursuing careers in allied health care professions.
- Student loans to medical students.
- Summer fellowships that allow medical students to work alongside Society physician members to address public health issues.
- Grants for education and research initiatives that promote modifiable lifestyle choices to improve health.
- White Coat Campaign to provide a white coat and personal message of encouragement to each first-year medical student who attends school in Wisconsin.
- Prescription for a Healthy You program teaching children ages 7 to 13 healthy habits at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and Dane County.
Elizabeth Ringle, Executive Director
2920 Marketplace Dr Suite 103
Fitchburg, WI 53719
The Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation (Foundation) is committed to equal opportunity. The Foundation provides opportunities without regard to, and does not discriminate based on sex, race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, marital status, arrest or conviction record, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected under applicable law.