The Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation anticipates awarding more than $150,000 in scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year. In addition, up to 10 summer fellowship learning opportunities may be available. Medical students are encouraged to check out these opportunities on our website and submit their application by Feb. 1, 2019.
Several scholarships with specific eligibility requirements are available through the Foundation including the following:
- Victor A. Baylon, MD, Scholarship
- Robert Jason Gore Scholarship
- Amy Hunter-Wilson, MD, Scholarship
- Marathon County Medical Society Scholarship
- John D. and Virginia Riesch Scholarship
- Catherine Slota-Varma, MD, Scholarship
- Rukmini and Joyce Vasudevan Scholarship
- Edmund J. and Estelle D. Walker Scholarship Fund
- Presidential Scholar Award
More information on each scholarship and the application form is available here.
The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee takes great care and pride in selecting the best applicant for each scholarship offered and gives preference to students who are from Wisconsin and attending medical school here. Students currently in their first, second or third year of medical school are encouraged to apply.
The Foundation’s Summer Fellowship program supports important physician-directed research or health education in critical public health areas, while also providing medical students with learning opportunities. Medical students, including those who also are pursuing a Master of Public Health degree, may apply. Learn more on our website. Email Elizabeth Ringle or call her at 608.442.3789 with any questions.