Last year, the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation awarded more than $750,000 in tuition assistance and funded six summer fellowships for medical students, and we hope to do so again this year. Students, check out these opportunities on our website and submit your application(s) by Feb. 1, 2020!
Several scholarships with specific eligibility requirements are available through the Foundation including the following:
- Victor A. Baylon, MD, Scholarship
- Goodman-Goodell Scholarship
- Robert Jason Gore Scholarship
- Amy Hunter-Wilson, MD, Scholarship
- Jefferson County Medical Society Scholarship
- Marathon County Medical Society Scholarship
- Presidential Scholar Award
- John D. and Virginia Riesch Scholarship
- Catherine Slota-Varma, MD, Scholarship
- Rukmini and Joyce Vasudevan Scholarship
- Edmund J. and Estelle D. Walker Scholarship Fund
More information on each scholarship and the application form is available here.
Preference is given to students who are from Wisconsin and attending medical school here. Students currently in their first, second or third year of medical school are encouraged to apply.
Designed to assist students in funding their education at a medical school in Wisconsin, the Foundation’s private student loan program is interest free during medical school, offers a fixed interest rate that matches the Federal Direct Loan program, offers generous deferral options and charges no loan origination or early repayment fees. Individual loan amounts are $7,000 per year for a maximum of three years during medical school. Click here for loan application materials.
The Foundation’s Summer Fellowship program supports important physician-directed research or health education in critical public health areas, while also providing medical students with learning opportunities. Medical students—including those who also are pursuing a Master of Public Health—may apply. Learn more on our website or email Elizabeth Ringle or call her at 608.442.3789.